Coxons Group Australia has a great opportunity for a Workshop Assistant to join our team in Rockhampton. This role will work Monday to Friday on a fortnightly, rotating roster of morning and afternoon shifts.
About the Role
Reporting to the Workshop Supervisor, the successful candidate will form part of the Strip and Assess team and be responsible for:
- Stripping, washing and testing radiators and cooling components
- Sandblasting and buffing radiator tubes
- Assisting trade personnel and radiator repairers where required
- Taking photographs and completing job paperwork
- Performing initial quality checks
You are a positive contributor and team player. You are mechanically minded, motivated and organised. We’re looking for someone who has:
- A strong commitment to health and safety
- Knowledge of hand and power tools
- The ability to follow procedures and directions from Leading Hands
- The ability to manage time and meet deadlines
- Good written and verbal communication
- Excellent health with a capacity to perform manual work
- A strong work ethic and is reliable and punctual
What’s on Offer
From our leaders to our team on the ground, we all work together and win together. At Coxons Group, you can expect to enjoy great benefits like social and wellness initiatives, learning & development pathways and a company-wide cultural development program so you can build a happy and long career with us.
We’re passionate about work-life balance and we recognise our people for doing great work!
What does a career at Coxons Group look like?
- Long term job security
- Competitive wages
- Excellent working conditions with recognition and rewards
- A ‘work-life balance’ agenda that includes wellness and social initiatives, an employee assistance program and learning and development pathways
- Great team with supportive managers and inspiring leaders
If you love the sound of a career at Coxons Group and are performance-minded, a great team contributor and have experience in the field, we would love to hear from you!
Please apply with your resume and cover letter.